The #d8rules initiative works on porting the Rules module to Drupal 8. In this session we will learn how to upgrade our Drupal 7 modules that integrate with Rules to Drupal 8.
* Applying new architectural patterns in Drupal 8
* Understanding the Core Plug-in & Context systems
* CMI: Configuration entities and YAML files
* Rules API Changes
* Typed data & Entity API changes
* Using Rules Action, Condition & Event APIs
* Embedding reusable components: Use rules conditions in the Blocks UI
* Contributing to Rules in Drupal 8
The session will be a great case study for people familiar with basic Drupal development concepts eager to jump into developing for Drupal 8. As Rules tries to leverage best-practices as much as possible, it is a great starting point to learn all the new things.